Need advice on cooking with olive oil

• I've been exploring the use of extra virgin olive oil in my cooking and came across some interesting insights about its smoke point. While I understand that it has many health benefits, I've heard mixed opinions about using it at high temperatures. I'm curious to hear from anyone who has experience cooking with olive oil. What tips do you have for using it effectively without compromising its quality? Also, what is the smoke point of olive oil, and does it affect how you use it in your recipes?

• It's great to hear that you're exploring its use in the kitchen! Extra virgin olive oil is a fantastic choice for cooking, thanks to its rich flavor and health benefits. When it comes to the smoke point, you might be relieved to know that while there is a temperature at which the oil begins to smoke, this doesn't mean it's unsuitable for cooking. So what is the smoke point of olive oil? Typically, it ranges from about 190 to 220°C, which makes it quite versatile for various cooking methods, including sauteing, roasting, and even frying.